Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Chalkboard Refrigerator for Renter!



This is will be a simple and easy DIY for those of you who: one are renters (like myself) and cannot paint your refrigerator or two you don't want to paint your refrigerator to realize you want to go back to what you had before

Things you need: 
  • Chalkboard contact paper 
  • Scissor
  • Credit card (to get any air bubble out that might occur)
  • Patience  
How To: 
  1. Cut your contact paper to the size you want to cover on your refrigerator
  2. Pull back a little of the backing on the back side of contact paper and position where you want it. 
  3. Work in small sections and run your hand over the contact paper as you put it on the fridge.  I found an up and down motion to be the best for eliminating the number of air bubbles.  The first time I did this I did it differently and had HUGE bubbles every where! 
  4. Take some chalk and write good job to congradulate yourself! 
  5. Stand back and admire your handy work. 
I used 3M's Chalkboard Contact Paper that I found at Walmart during the back to school time.  I will warn you that some of it had nicks in it and I couldn't use that section.  If I had more I would cover the bottom door of my fridge but because I did this one time before and didn't like how it came out I didn't have enough.  Also the size was just perfect for the freezer door of my refrigerator not so perfect for the frig portion.   
 
So there you have it.  Simple, easy, cheap, and removable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment